- Hand carved using one piece of Rimu
- Spoon bowl sits flat, can be used as a small bowl, or dish
- 1.5 days to make
- Spoon Bowl Diameter: 90mm, approx.
- Spoon Bowl Height: 30mm, approx.
- Sphere Diameter: 45mm, approx.
- Total length: 140mm, approx.
Goods are made using both responsibly sourced, and reclaimed native New Zealand timbers, and donated off-cuts.
Each piece is individually hand made, therefore no two are the same.
Any and all impurities, cracks, knots, or nail holes in the timber are a sign of the natural material it is, and it's previous use. I consider these markings a thing of beauty, and I have preserved and included these purposely to celebrate and honour the history, age, and natural beauty of the timber.
Each item is individually hand made, and is completely unique in form and grain. The piece you buy is one of a kind.
Goods can be washed with a cloth in warm soapy water. Please do not put your items in the dishwasher.
For occasional buffering if the surface becomes dull, buff with a dry and soft microfibre, or lint free cloth. You can also use a food safe, furniture specific wood wax or polish to maintain shine.
Please keep all goods out of direct sunlight as this may cause the timber to crack further, or create new cracks.
Goods have been finished with a food safe Osmo Top Oil with a non yellowing, clear matt finish. The information below comes from www.osmo.co.nz:
Top Oil is a transparent Hardwax Oil finish for wooden bench tops and joinery, as well as wooden coffee and dining room tables etc. Top Oil does not form a film like a polyurethane, so it cannot crack, flake, peel or blister. Dirt can easily be removed without trace.
- Food safe once cured
- Extremely water and chemical resistant
- Very durable and hard wearing
- Resistant to water, juice, tea, coffee, cola and wine.
- Based on natural oils and waxes
- Microporous breathable finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- Easily spot repaired